- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Eden Short Grain Brown Rice, washed, drained, or Italian arborio rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 15 ounces Eden Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Eden Maitake Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 cup reserved mushroom soaking water
- 1/2 cup Eden Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Eden Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
Soak the maitake and shiitake in separate bowls with warm water to cover for 10 minutes. Remove the mushrooms, squeeze out water and chop coarsely. Reserve 1 cup mushroom soaking water.
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, and sauté the garlic and onions for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the maitake, shiitake, salt and pepper. Sauté for another 4 to 5 minutes. Add the rice, vegetable stock, garbanzo, mushroom soaking water, and tomatoes. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to low and simmer for 1 hour. Remove from the flame and mix in the parsley. Serve.
Per serving - 272 calories, 4 g fat (12% calories from fat), 11 g protein, 51 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium