- 2 cups peeled, chopped beets
- 1 cup water, for cooking beets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ounces Eden Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp Eden Roasted Sesame Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp cooking water from beets
- 1/2 tsp Eden Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Eden Ground Coriander
- 3/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Eden Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Eden Pistachios, whole or chopped for garnish
Place the beets and water in a small saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 20 minutes until tender. Remove, drain, reserve cooking liquid, and let the beets cool slightly.
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Place in a serving bowl, garnish with pistachios and serve with warm pita or raw vegetables.
Per serving - 148 calories, 9 g fat (51% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium