- 1 cup Eden Buckwheat
- 2 cups boiling water
- 15 ounces Eden Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups tomatoes, small cubed
- 2 cups baby seedless cucumbers, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried mint flakes
or 4 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
Place buckwheat in 2 cups boiling water, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes. Remove, place in a mixing bowl and fluff to cool.
When the buckwheat is room temperature, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, red onion, scallions and mint with the buckwheat
Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients together and pour over the salad. Toss to mix with the salad. Serve room temperature or chill slightly before serving.
Per serving - 281 calories, 11 g fat (33% calories from fat), 8 g protein, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium