- 1 piece Eden Brown Rice & Black Soybean Mochi, cut in half
- 1 piece Eden Sweet Brown Rice Mochi, or Sprouted Brown Rice Mochi, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups hot water, for steeping tea bag
- 1 packet Eden Sencha Green Tea
- 1 Tbsp finely grated daikon radish, red radish, or finely grated fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup Eden Toasted Nori Krinkles
- 1/3 piece Eden Umeboshi Plum, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
Heat 2 inches of Eden Safflower in a medium, heavy saucepan. When the oil is hot, place the mochi pieces in the oil. Deep-fry until golden and the mochi puffs up, about 7 minutes. Remove mochi, quickly drain on paper towels and place the mochi into a medium soup bowl.
Place the packet of green tea into the hot water and steep for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the tea bags, discard bag, and pour tea over the deep-fried mochi.
Garnish with grated daikon, nori krinkles, umeboshi plum, green onions, and shoyu to taste. Eat while hot.
NOTE: A tablespoon of Eden Bonito Flakes also makes a delicious, savory garnish.
Per serving - 249 calories, 3 g fat (9% calories from fat), 6 g protein, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium