- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks, finely sliced
- 1/2 any red apple, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 6 Tbsp Eden Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Eden Whole Leaf Dulse, soaked 3 min. and coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Eden Dry Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Eden Dried Cranberries, or Dried Wild Blueberries
Place the first four ingredients in a salad press. Add 4 tablespoons of the vinegar. Mix thoroughly. Place the lid on the salad press and screw down tightly. If you do not have a salad press, place a 6" plate on top of the salad ingredients in the mixing bowl. Fill a large 1/2 gallon glass jar or container with water and set it on top of the plate. This will apply pressure to the salad. Press for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. If using a bowl and plate, periodically mix the salad ingredients and place the plate and weight back on to ensure even pressing.
When the salad is done, place in a colander and rinse to remove excess salt. Squeeze to remove excess water and place in a mixing bowl. Gently toss in the remaining brown rice vinegar, dulse, pumpkin seeds and dried fruit. Place in a serving bowl.
Per serving - 71 calories, 3 g fat (37% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium