- 14 1/2 ounces organic diced tomatoes, drained, reserve liquid
- 2 cups water, including drained tomato cooking liquid
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups any Eden Quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and diced, peeled if waxed
- 1 medium avocado, pit removed, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/3 cup red onion, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, optional
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
Drain the tomatoes, place the tomato liquid in a measuring cup and add enough cold water to equal 2 cups. Bring the tomato/water mixture, sea salt and garlic to a boil. Stir in the quinoa and return to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the quinoa is tender. Turn off the flame and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large serving bowl and fluff up.
Gently toss in the remaining ingredients, including the diced tomatoes, using enough lime juice to give the salad a pleasant flavor.
Per serving - 409 calories, 15 g fat (33% calories from fat), 10 g protein, 60 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium