- 2 cups organic diced tomatoes, drained, reserve liquid
- 2 cups water, including drained tomato cooking liquid
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups any Eden Quinoa, washed and drained
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and diced, peeled if waxed
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
or fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, optional
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
Drain the tomatoes, place the tomato liquid in a measuring cup and add enough cold water to equal 2 cups. Bring the tomato/water mixture, sea salt and garlic to a boil. Stir in the quinoa and return to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the quinoa is tender and most of the water has been absorbed. Turn off the flame and let sit, covered, until all of the water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large serving bowl and fluff up.
Gently toss in the remaining ingredients, including the diced tomatoes, using enough lime juice to give the salad a pleasant flavor.
Per serving - 403 calories, 15 g fat (33% calories from fat), 10 g protein, 59 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium