- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup Eden Red Quinoa, washed and drained
or white Eden Quinoa
- 28 ounces organic whole tomatoes, drained, chopped, and reserve tomato cooking liquid
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp Eden Ground Chili Pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp Eden Cumin Powder, optional
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups water, including reserved tomato and bean cooking liquid
- 15 ounces Eden Pinto Beans, drain and reserve bean cooking liquid
Drain tomatoes, chop, and place tomato cooking liquid in a measuring cup. Drain the beans and combine with the tomato liquid. Add enough cold water to equal 1 1/2 cups liquid and set aside.
Heat oil and sauté the onions and garlic until translucent. Stir all remaining ingredients. Add the measured liquid, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium-low and cook 15 minutes or until liquid is gone. Remove from the flame and let sit, covered for 5 minutes. Mix and serve.
Per serving - 324 calories, 7 g fat (17% calories from fat), 13 g protein, 31 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium