- 6 Eden Whole Shiitake Mushrooms, soaked in 1 cup hot water for 20 min.; reserve soaking water
- 1/4 cup Eden Maitake Mushrooms, soaked 10 min. in 1/2 cup water; reserve soaking water
- 1 Tbsp Eden Toasted Sesame Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 15 ounces Eden Pinto Beans, or Kidney Beans, do not drain
- 4 cups water, including reserved mushroom soaking water
- 1 2/3 cup Eden Sauerkraut, rinsed, drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup Eden Quinoa, washed and drained
- 2 tsp Eden Paprika Powder
- 1 Tbsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Eden Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
Remove shiitake stems, discard and slice mushroom caps. Coarsely chop maitake. Set mushrooms aside. Puree beans in a blender or food processor and set aside.
In a medium soup pot, heat oils and sauté garlic and onions until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add water, shiitake and maitake mushrooms, pureed beans, sauerkraut and quinoa. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes. Add paprika, shoyu and black pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes longer. Serve garnished with parsley.
Per serving - 155 calories, 3 g fat (18% calories from fat), 8 g protein, 24 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium