- 1 1/2 cups Eden Millet, rinsed, drained
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock, (see Eden's recipe or store bought)
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Eden Arame, soaked in water to cover for 10 minutes, drain, discard water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup red radishes, quartered and thinly sliced in half-moons
- 1 tsp Eden Dried Basil, or 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 pinch Eden Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup dry pan toasted pine nuts, for garnish
Heat a heavy skillet and dry pan toast millet until it releases a nutty fragrance. Place the vegetable broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the millet and sea salt, stir, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes until the millet is light and fluffy.
While the millet is cooking, drain the arame, finely chop and place in a mixing bowl. Add the green onions, parsley, basil, red onion, radish and lemon zest to the bowl.
When the millet is done, remove from the heat and fluff with a fork to cool. Add to the mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients except the pine nuts. Toss to evenly mix and serve garnished with pine nuts.
Per serving - 461 calories, 26 g fat (47% calories from fat), 12 g protein, 54 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium