- 2 tsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger root
- 1/8 tsp Eden Cayenne Pepper
- 15 ounces Eden Black Beans, 1 can, do not drain
- 1 1/2 tsp Eden Ume Plum Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 large red bell pepper, * roasted, seeded and peeled
Heat oil in a saucepan, and sauté onions until translucent. Add black beans, ginger, cayenne, cumin and sea salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Add ume plum vinegar, cover, and simmer 5 more minutes. Partially mash the beans for a thick bean sauce consistency. Serve over cooked rice or pasta, and garnish with red pepper strips.
*To roast the pepper, place over a gas burner or put under the broiler, rotating the pepper until it is charred black. Place in a paper bag, and seal. This will allow the pepper to sweat. Peel off the charred skin, and run under cold water. Seed, and slice the pepper into thin strips. One jar of roasted red peppers may be used in place of fresh roasted.
Per serving - 101 calories, 3 g fat (20% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium