- 1/2 cup Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Eden Maitake Mushrooms
- 1 pound firm or extra firm organic tofu, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Eden Brown Rice Vinegar, or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Eden Black Pepper
- 2 cups Edensoy Unsweetened
- 8 ounces Eden Spelt Ribbons
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound button mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 2 Tbsp chives, scallions or parsley, minced for garnish
Soak dried mushrooms 10 minutes in 2 cups hot water. Remove mushrooms and chop. Bring soaking liquid to a boil in a small pot, add soaked mushrooms, cover, reduce flame of medium-low and cook 10 minutes. While the mushrooms are cooking, cook pasta per package directions, rinse, drain and set aside. Drain the mushrooms through a strainer. The liquid can be saved and used as soup stock in other recipes, if desired.
Place tofu, vinegar, salt, pepper and Edensoy in a blender. Blend until creamy. Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté onions and all the mushrooms until soft. Reduce heat, add tofu mixture, and heat thoroughly while stirring frequently. Mix in cooked pasta and garnish with scallions or parsley.
Per serving - 408 calories, 16 g fat (31% calories from fat), 27 g protein, 51 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium