- 1/2 cup Eden Wild Rice, rinsed well and drained
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup small diced celery
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Eden Black Pepper
Place the wild rice in the boiling water, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer about 25 to 30 minutes until tender and fluffy. Remove and set aside. Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the garlic and onion for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and sauté about 5 minutes, and serve.
NOTE: This stir fry can also be used as a stuffing for winter squash, peppers, etc..
Per serving - 178 calories, 7 g fat (36% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium