Serves: 10 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 2 Tbsp minced celery leaves
- 1 cup Eden Sauerkraut, drained and minced
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried sage powder, or poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 3/4 cup Edensoy Original, or Unsweetened
- 10 large stuffing mushrooms, remove stems
- 1 piece Eden Sweet Brown Rice or Sprouted Brown Rice Mochi, finely grated on a cheese grater
- 1 tsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pull bread into small cubes and place in a small mixing bowl with the onion, celery, sauerkraut, thyme, sage, shoyu, Edensoy and half the mochi. Mix well. Oil the bottom of the mushroom caps. Stuff each mushroom. Sprinkle the remaining mochi on top of the stuffing. Grill on the upper rack of a grill for 10 to 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender, stuffing is hot and the mochi has melted. Move to the lower grill and brown for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and serve.
Note: The caps can be baked on an oiled baking sheet for 20 to 25 minutes at 400° and then broiled for 5 minutes to brown instead of grilling.
Per serving - 57 calories, 1 g fat (21% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium