- 1/2 cup Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms, soaked 10 minutes in 1/2 cup warm water, reserve soaking water
- 1/4 cup Eden Maitake Mushrooms, soaked 20 minutes in 1/2 cup hot water, reserve soaking water
- 3 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups vegetable stock, see Eden's recipe, reserved mushroom soaking waters included
- 14 1/2 ounces organic diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 15 ounces Eden Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans, do not drain
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
or 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 pinch Eden Hot Crushed Chili Pepper
- 1 tsp Eden Sea Salt, or to taste
- 8 slices whole grain sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
Remove the shiitake and maitake from the soaking water, while reserving the soaking water. Finely chop the maitake and coarsely chop the shiitake. Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Sauté the garlic, shiitake and maitake for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushroom soaking water, vegetable stock, tomatoes, beans, rosemary, crushed red pepper and sea salt. Mix, taste and adjust seasoning by adding more sea salt, if desired. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
Toast the slices of sourdough bread and place one slice in each individual serving bowl. Set aside until the soup is done.
When the soup is done, turn off the heat and stir in the parsley. Ladle the soup over the toasted bread and serve.
Per serving - 280 calories, 9 g fat (27% calories from fat), 11 g protein, 41 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium