- 5 medium organic potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup Edensoy Original, or Extra Original
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 2 cups broccoli, small florets
- 1/2 package Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms, soaked 10 minutes in 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced into thin rounds or diced
- 1/2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp Eden Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp Eden Paprika Powder
Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce flame and cook until tender. Drain off water, add sea salt, black pepper and Edensoy. Mash and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375°. Heat oil in a large skillet, sauté garlic, onions and shiitake for 2 to 3 minutes. Add shoyu, celery, carrots and broccoli. Add 1/2 cup shiitake soaking water and mix. Pour vegetables into a 9 inch pie plate. Take the mashed potatoes and place over the top of the vegetables, smoothing out evenly with a spoon. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Cover the pie.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the cover and bake another 5 minutes or until the potatoes are slightly browned.
For a variation prepare a pie crust, pre bake for 5 minutes, and then fill with the vegetables and top with mashed potatoes before baking. See Eden's recipes for pie crust.
Per serving - 178 calories, 3 g fat (13% calories from fat), 7 g protein, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium