- 1 pound organic extra firm tofu, rinsed, drained and sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 Tbsp Eden Toasted Sesame Oil
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1 small onion, sliced into thin rings
- 3 to 4 drops Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, on each side of each slice of tofu
- 1/4 cup Eden Sauerkraut
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce, leave whole
- 1 medium organic tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup any Eden Mustard
- 1 to 2 tsp Eden Hacho Miso, or any Eden Miso
Place the mustard and miso in mortar or suribachi (Japanese mortar) and blend with a pestle, making sure that the miso is evenly mixed and the mustard is smooth. Set aside while you prepare the tofu.
Heat the oil in a large skillet and pan fry the tofu slices on one side for 3 to 4 minutes. Place 2 or 3 drops of shoyu on each slice of tofu. Flip over and fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Continue frying, flipping over occasionally, until both sides are browned. Remove and place two slices on each bottom slice of bread. Spread the miso mustard on the top slices of bread. Top each sandwich with equal amounts of sauerkraut, onion, tomato and lettuce. Place the top slice of bread on each sandwich and serve.
Per serving - 369 calories, 14 g fat (32% calories from fat), 22 g protein, 46 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 942 mg sodium