- 2 cups organic long grain brown rice, washed
- 2 tsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 4 cups water, including lotus root soaking water
- 1/2 cup Eden Dried Lotus Root, soaked 10 minutes in 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup Thompson Organic Seedless Raisins
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp organic curry powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp Eden Ground Turmeric
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
Heat up the oil in a heavy sauce pan and sauté the onions for 2 minutes. Add the rice and sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Dice the lotus root. Add all other ingredients except the parsley. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 hour. Remove the cover and mix in the parsley. Place in a serving bowl.
Eden Tekka, Eden Shake or any Eden Gomasio may be used as a garnish as well.
Per serving - 252 calories, 4 g fat (12% calories from fat), 6 g protein, 54 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium