- 1/2 cup finely ground organic cornmeal
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1 pinch Eden Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 15 ounces Eden Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans, do not drain
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup organic potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup rutabaga, diced
- 1 1/2 cups organic diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups water, or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp Eden Sea Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Eden Black Pepper
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
Swiss chard, arugula, or watercress
To prepare the dumplings, bring the water and salt to a boil. Whisk in the cornmeal stirring constantly, until it begins to thicken. Cover, reduce the flame to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the parsley . Remove from the flame and allow to cool or refrigerate, uncovered, until the cornmeal becomes firm.
While the cornmeal is cooking and cooling, prepare the soup. Heat the oil in a soup pot and sauté the garlic and onions for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the beans, celery, carrots, potatoes, rutabaga, tomatoes, bay leaf, water and sea salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and turn the flame to low, stir in the pepper and adjust the seasoning with more salt, if needed.
Scoop the cornmeal up with a tablespoon and shape it into balls. Ladle the soup into individual bowls and place 2 or 3 dumplings into each bowl. Garnish with the chopped spinach, arugula or watercress and serve hot.
Per serving - 199 calories, 5 g fat (24% calories from fat), 7 g protein, 33 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium