- 1 cup Eden Quinoa, washed and drained
or Eden Red Quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Eden Ume Plum Vinegar, or to taste
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly pan toasted
- 1/3 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped fine
- 1 cup cauliflower, small florets, blanched 2 minutes
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced, blanched 1 minute
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Place the quinoa and water in a sauce pan, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce flame to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove, place in a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle ume plum vinegar, olive oil, pine nuts, scallions, cauliflower, carrots and mint on top. Toss and serve.
This salad is also delicious with drained, Eden Garbanzo Beans mixed in.
Per serving - 227 calories, 12 g fat (47% calories from fat), 7 g protein, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium