- 1 cup organic whole grain kamut berries, soaked overnight in cold water to cover
or any whole wheat berries
- 4 cups water, including kamut soaking water
- 1 pinch Eden Sea Salt
- 15 ounces Eden Lentils w/Onion & Bay Leaf, drained
or cooked Eden Dry Green Lentils
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup organic assorted color tomatoes, diced
- 2 to 3 whole red radishes, quartered and sliced
- 1 to 2 Tbsp chopped Kalamata olives
Drain the kamut and reserve soaking water. Place the kamut, water and sea salt in a medium saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the heat and toss to cool or rinse under cold water. Place the kamut in a mixing bowl and add the lentils, red onion, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, radish, and olives. Mix all ingredients for the vinaigrette together and pour over the salad. Toss to mix evenly. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Note: Spelt wheat, soft white pastry wheat berries or barley may be substituted for kamut.
Per serving - 386 calories, 15 g fat (33% calories from fat), 15 g protein, 55 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium