Serves: 16 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1 whole grain baguette, sliced into about 16 slices 1/2 inch thick
- 3 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 avocados
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup Eden Sauerkraut, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt, or to taste
- 1 cup fresh organic tomatoes, small diced
Preheat the oven on broil. Slice the baguette into 1" thick rounds, lightly brush olive oil on one side of each slice and place on a baking sheet. Broil about 5 minutes until golden brown. Remove and set aside while making the guacamole.
Cut each avocado in half, removing the seed and with a spoon scoop out the pulp and place in a bowl. With a fork or potato masher, mash the avocado with the garlic, sauerkraut, lemon juice and sea salt. Evenly spread an equal amount of guacamole on each slice and top with a teaspoon of diced tomatoes. Place on a serving platter.
Per serving - 144 calories, 7 g fat (45% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium