- 8 Eden Whole Shiitake Mushrooms, soaked 10 minutes in 1 cup hot water, reserve soaking liquid
- 1 pound organic extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Eden Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Eden Sea Salt, or to taste
- 2 cups Unsweetened Edensoy, or Original
- 1/2 tsp Eden Hot Pepper Sesame Oil, or 2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
- 16 ounces Eden Artichoke Ribbons, or Spelt Ribbons
- 1/8 tsp Eden Black Pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced, or finely chopped green onions
Place tofu, brown rice vinegar, sea salt, pepper and Edensoy in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired, adjusting Edensoy to create a smooth creamy sauce consistency.
Remove shiitake from soaking liquid and save liquid. Remove stems, discard and slice tops. Bring soaking liquid to a boil, add shiitake slices, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 20 minutes until shiitake are soft.
Wash button mushroom caps, discard stems and slice tops. In a skillet, heat oils, sauté onions and mushrooms until mushrooms are soft. Add shiitake slices with a small amount of shiitake cooking liquid, heat thoroughly. Lower the heat, add tofu mixture, heat thoroughly while stirring frequently.
Cook pasta as package directs, rinse and drain. Serve sauce over pasta or mix pasta in with the sauce. Garnish with parsley or green onions.
For a spicier flavor, season with cayenne and cumin to taste, if desired.
Per serving - 381 calories, 12 g fat (27% calories from fat), 23 g protein, 47 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium