- 15 ounces Eden Spicy Pinto Beans, drained and reserve liquid
- 1 cup Eden Quinoa, washed and drained
or Eden Red Quinoa
- 1 1/4 cups cold water, including reserved bean cooking water
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
or fresh cilantro
Pour the bean cooking liquid into a measuring cup and add enough cold water to equal 1-1/4 cups of liquid. Place the liquid in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender and fluffy.
While the quinoa is cooking, blend the oil, lime juice and shoyu soy sauce in a bowl. Toss in the beans and set aside. When the quinoa is done, toss in with the beans, onions, roasted red pepper, onion and parsley. Mix well and serve warm or room temperature.
Per serving - 326 calories, 7 g fat (19% calories from fat), 11 g protein, 54 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium