- 3 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups plain whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup organic seitan (wheat meat), see Eden's recipe or store bought, optional
- 2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Original Edensoy, Extra Original, or Unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp dried sage, or to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely minced
- 15 large stuffing mushrooms, stems removed, cleaned, leave whole
5 portabella mushrooms, scrape out the black gills on the underside of each portabella
- 1 tsp Eden Paprika Powder
Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté the onions for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the celery and seitan. Sauté another 5 minutes. Place the bread, sautéed vegetables and all remaining ingredients, except the mushrooms, parsley and paprika, in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Preheat the oven to 350° while you stuff the mushrooms. Fill each mushroom with equal amounts of stuffing and sprinkle the parsley and paprika on top. Lightly oil a baking sheet and place the stuffed mushroom on it. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until tender and juicy. Remove and serve 3 mushroom per person.
The mushrooms can be broiled for 7 minutes or so instead of baked, if desired.
Per serving - 279 calories, 11 g fat (32% calories from fat), 10 g protein, 41 g carbohydrate, 5700 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium