- 1 1/2 cups organic finely ground corn grits (polenta)
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch Eden Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 15 ounces organic diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 cup organic sweet corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup Eden Spaghetti Sauce, or Spaghett Sauce - No Salt
- 15 ounces Eden Black Beans, rinsed and drained
or cooked Eden Dry Black Beans
- 2 tsp diced jalapeno pepper
Bring the water to a boil for the polenta. Whisk in the corn grits and salt, stirring constantly until it thickens. Cover, reduce the flame and simmer 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 375°. Evenly spread the polenta on the bottom and sides of a pie plate. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet and sauté the onion for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the peppers and sauté another 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in the beans, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, corn and jalapeno. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour the bean and tomato mixture over the polenta and evenly spread it out. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Yields 1 pie, 2 slices per person
Per serving - 553 calories, 6 g fat (9% calories from fat), 17 g protein, 114 g carbohydrate, 19 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium