- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, slivered
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Eden Black Pepper
- 15 ounces Eden Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans, drained, reserve 2 Tbsp. bean liquid
- 1/2 cup organic tomatoes, diced
- 8 whole fresh basil leaves, sliced into 1/4 " strips
- 2 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 16 slices whole grain baguette, or Italian bread
Heat the oil in a medium skillet and sauté garlic until golden brown. Add pepper flakes, sea salt, black pepper, beans, bean cooking liquid and tomatoes. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the basil and cook 1 to 2 minutes until wilted. Turn off the flame and mix in the lemon juice. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet, and bake about 5 minutes, be careful not to burn. Remove and top slices with the bean and tomato mixture.
Per serving - 106 calories, 3 g fat (22% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium