- 1 1/2 cups organic blue corn flour
or yellow corn flour
- 1/2 cup Eden Soft White Pastry Wheat Whole Grain Organic Flour
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 cup precooked Eden Short or Medium Grain Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup organic sweet corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Original Edensoy, or Unsweetened
- 1 cup water
Mix all dry ingredients. Add the cooked rice and sweet corn, mix well. Add the oil and rub into the ingredients with your hands to evenly mix. Combine the soymilk and water. Add to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Oil a cast iron skillet with oil, liberally coating the sides and bottom. Heat skillet over a high flame until it begins to sizzles but does not smoke. Pour the batter into the skillet, cover and reduce the flame to low. Cook for 30 to 35 minutes until the bottom and sides are crispy brown and the inside is done.
Remove the skillet from the flame. Place a large serving plate upside down over the skillet, completely covering it. Turn the skillet over, holding the plate under it and let the corn bread slide onto the plate with the browned crust facing up. Slice and serve with Eden Apple Butter, Eden Cherry Butter, Eden Apple Cherry or your favorite spread.
Per serving - 176 calories, 4 g fat (21% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium