- 30 ounces Eden Black Eyed Peas, 2 cans, do not drain
- 1 cup organic seitan (wheat meat), cubed, optional, (see Eden's recipe or store bought)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp Eden Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Eden Brown Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Eden Barley Malt Syrup
- 2 tsp organic maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp Eden Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all ingredients together and place in a covered baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 5 minutes or so to brown the peas. Remove, garnish with parsley and serve.
See Eden's recipe for Homemade Seitan, purchase store bought or omit from the recipe.
Per serving - 338 calories, 2 g fat (5% calories from fat), 15 g protein, 68 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium