1,344 free recipes at www.edenfoods.com
Serves 6 | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes
• 30 ounces Eden Black Eyed Peas, 2 cans, do not drain
• 1 cup organic seitan (wheat meat), cubed, optional, (see Eden's recipe or store bought)
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup onion, diced
• 2 Tbsp Eden Apple Cider Vinegar
• 2 tsp Eden Brown Mustard
• 2 Tbsp Eden Barley Malt Syrup
• 2 tsp organic maple syrup
• 1/4 tsp Eden Black Pepper
• 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all ingredients together and place in a covered baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 5 minutes or so to brown the peas. Remove, garnish with parsley and serve.
See Eden's recipe for Homemade Seitan, purchase store bought or omit from the recipe.
Per serving: 338 calories, 2g fat (5% calories from fat), 15g protein, 68g carbohydrate, 11g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium