Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 5 Eden Whole Shiitake Mushrooms, soaked 20 minute in 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup onion, finely minced
- 1 to 2 Tbsp organic unbleached white flour
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup water, including reserved shiitake soaking water
- 1/4 cup Edensoy Original, Extra Original, or Unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
or fresh parsley
- 1/8 tsp Eden Black Pepper, or to taste
Remove stems from shiitake and discard. Dice the caps and reserve the soaking water. Heat oil in a skillet, sauté onions and mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add flour and sauté 1 minute. Combine water and soy milk. Slowly pour into the skillet, stirring constantly to prevent lumping. When thick, add sea salt and black pepper. Simmer on low for 5 minutes. Turn off flame and add chives or parsley.
This gravy can be served over any cooked Eden Pasta, cooked organic grains or vegetables. Garlic and basil may be added to the recipe for a different flavor.
Yields 1 1/2 cups, 1/4 cup per person
Per serving - 49 calories, 3 g fat (48% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium