- 1 cup Eden Oat Flakes, or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup Eden Soft White Pastry Wheat Whole Grain Organic Flour
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest (grated peel)
- 1/3 cup Eden Apple Juice
- 3 cup Eden Dried Montmorency Cherries, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Eden Apple Juice, or a combination of Apple & Cherry Juice
- 1 pinch Eden Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Eden Kuzu Root Starch, dissolved in 1 Tbsp. cold water
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
Place the dried cherries, juice and sea salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the flame to low. Simmer 10 minutes until the cherries are soft. Add the dissolved kuzu, stirring constantly until thick. Set aside while you prepare the crust.
Preheat the oven to 350°. Dry roast the oats for 4 to 5 minutes until slightly browned and they release a nutty aroma. Next, dry roast the flour for 2 to 3 minutes. Combine all dry ingredients. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together to form a ball of dough. Roll out the dough on baking paper. Place the crust in a 9 inch removable bottom tart pan or a pie plate. Press the crust into the pan forming edges around the pan. Spread the cherry filling in the crust. Sprinkle the sliced almonds around the edges of the tart pan on top of the filling. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 20 minutes or so before cutting. Remove the bottom of the tart pan. Slice and serve.
Per serving - 452 calories, 13 g fat (25% calories from fat), 6 g protein, 80 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium