- 15 ounces Eden Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans, or Great Northern Beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- 1/2 organic tomato, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for sautéing spinach
- 2 cups baby spinach
Drain the beans. Set aside 1/4 cup of the beans. Place remaining beans, garlic, sea salt, lemon juice and basil in a mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher. Mix in the reserved beans. Remove and pour into a serving dish.
Slice the baquette into 16 pieces and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle or brush a little olive oil over and broil about 3 minutes until slightly brown. Remove and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté the spinach for 2 to 3 minutes until wilted and dark green. Remove and place on a plate.
Place 2 or 3 spinach leaves, a slice of tomato, and a tablespoon or so of bean spread on each slice of bread. Arrange on a platter and serve.
Per serving - 109 calories, 300 g fat (22% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium