1,344 free recipes at www.edenfoods.com
Serves 16 | Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 5 minutes
• 15 ounces Eden Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans, or Great Northern Beans, drained
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
• 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
• 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
• 1 French baguette, sliced
• 1/2 organic tomato, sliced thin
• 1/2 tsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for sautéing spinach
• 2 cups baby spinach
Drain the beans. Set aside 1/4 cup of the beans. Place remaining beans, garlic, sea salt, lemon juice and basil in a mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher. Mix in the reserved beans. Remove and pour into a serving dish.
Slice the baquette into 16 pieces and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle or brush a little olive oil over and broil about 3 minutes until slightly brown. Remove and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté the spinach for 2 to 3 minutes until wilted and dark green. Remove and place on a plate.
Place 2 or 3 spinach leaves, a slice of tomato, and a tablespoon or so of bean spread on each slice of bread. Arrange on a platter and serve.
Per serving: 109 calories, 300g fat (22% calories from fat), 4g protein, 18g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium