Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup Eden Hiziki or Arame
or Eden Hiziki
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 8 ounces any Eden Udon, 1 package
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Eden Hot Pepper Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Eden Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Eden Ume Plum Vinegar
- 1/4 cup EDEN Roasted Sesame Tahini
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp water
Rinse and soak hiziki or arame in 1/4 cup warm water for 10 minutes. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. While the sea vegetable is cooking, lightly steam carrots for 1 to 2 minutes. Rinse with cold water to set color and set aside. Cook pasta as package directs, rinse and drain. When the arame or hiziki is done, mix with the pasta, carrots and green onions in a medium bowl.
To prepare dressing, blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor, add to salad and mix well. Serve chilled or room temperature.
Per serving - 224 calories, 8 g fat (30% calories from fat), 8 g protein, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium