- 2 cups unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups Edensoy Vanilla, or Extra Vanilla
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 Tbsp Eden Agar Agar Flakes
- 2/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Eden Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Eden Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cous cous pie crust, see Eden's recipe: Pie Crust - No Bake Cous Cous
Soak agar flakes in 1/4 cup boiling water for 20 minutes. Combine Edensoy, maple syrup and dissolved agar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer until agar has completely melted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add pumpkin, salt and spices. Blend well in a food processor. Pour into crust and allow to set at room temperature until firm, about 2 hours, or refrigerate 1 hour until firm.
If using a fresh pie crust, bake crust until done and allow to cool before pouring pumpkin filling into the crust.
Per serving - 284 calories, 8 g fat (24% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 53 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium