Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 15 ounces Eden Lentils w/Onion & Bay Leaf, 1 can, do not drain
- 8 ounces Eden Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup organic potatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp Eden Dried Oregano
- 1/8 tsp Eden Hot Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
Heat oil in a soup pot, and sauté garlic 1 minute. Add lentils, tomatoes, oregano, red pepper, celery, carrots, and potatoes. Cover, and bring to a boil. Add sea salt to taste, cover, and reduce the flame to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve.
Variation: For a heartier soup, add 1/4 cup Eden Kamut Elbows the last 7 to 10 minutes.
Per serving - 146 calories, 4 g fat (22% calories from fat), 8 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 474 mg sodium