1,330 free recipes at www.edenfoods.com
Serves 4 | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes
• 15 ounces Eden Lentils w/Onion & Bay Leaf, 1 can, do not drain
• 8 ounces Eden Crushed Tomatoes
• 1 cup fresh organic tomatoes, diced
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup celery, diced
• 1/4 cup carrots, diced
• 1/4 cup organic potatoes, diced
• 1/2 tsp Eden Dried Oregano
• 1/8 tsp Eden Hot Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
• 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
Heat oil in a soup pot, and sauté garlic 1 minute. Add lentils, tomatoes, oregano, red pepper, celery, carrots, and potatoes. Cover, and bring to a boil. Add sea salt to taste, cover, and reduce the flame to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve.
Variation: For a heartier soup, add 1/4 cup Eden Kamut Elbows the last 7 to 10 minutes.
Per serving: 146 calories, 4g fat (22% calories from fat), 8g protein, 20g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium