- 1 baguette, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 15 oz Eden Lentils w/Onions & Bay Leaf, drained
- 1/2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Eden Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Eden Cumin
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup sliced organic tomato
- 1 avocado, sliced
Heat oil in a skillet and sauté half of the garlic, all the onion and the carrot for 2 to 3 minutes. Place in a food processor and pulse 1 minute. Add the lentils, remaining garlic, shoyu, vinegar, cumin, basil and parsley. Blend until smooth and creamy. Place in a bowl.
Turn on oven to broil. Place the baguette sliced on a baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil (optional). Place under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and place a slice of tomato on each baguette. Place a tablespoon of pate and a slice or two of avocado on top. Serve.
Per serving - 229 calories, 7 g fat (18% calories from fat), 7 g protein, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 mg sodium