Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Eden Dry Green Lentils, washed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup organic whole tomatoes, chopped
or diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 6 cups chopped kale, collards or spinach, packed
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch Eden Black Pepper, or to taste
Heat oil in a medium heavy pot or Dutch oven. Sauté the garlic and red pepper for 1 minute. Add the lentils and water, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 45 minutes, adding a little more water as needed for desired thickness.
Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Mix, cover and simmer another 15 minutes or so until the lentils are tender and creamy.
Add the kale and simmer 7 to 10 minutes until tender. Place in a serving dish. Serve as a side with cooked whole grain, spread on toasted garlic bread, or crostini.
Per serving - 296 calories, 9 g fat (25% calories from fat), 15 g protein, 43 g carbohydrate, 15 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium