- 15 ounces Eden Pinto Beans, drained, reserve 2 to 3 Tbsp. bean liquid
- 1/2 cup Eden Oat Flakes
- 1 cup carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 Tbsp celery, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp parsley, minced
- 3 Tbsp onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Eden Ground Chili Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Eden Cumin Powder
- 2 Tbsp flax seed meal
- 5 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium organic tomato, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp any Eden Mustard
Place beans, oats, vegetables, salt, and spices in a food processor and pulse until combined but not pureed. Remove from food processor and place in a bowl. Add flax seed meal and 2 to 3 tablespoons of reserved bean cooking liquid. Mix and refrigerate 1 hour.
Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet. Shape bean mixture into 5 1-inch thick burgers. When oil is hot, place burgers in skillet over medium heat. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until browned on the bottom. Carefully flip burgers over and cook another 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and crispy.
Serve on a bed of lettuce with tomato slices and mustard or on a bun with your favorite toppings.
NOTE: If a food processor is not available, place the ingredients in a bowl and mash with a potato masher.
Per serving - 235 calories, 15 g fat (55% calories from fat), 6 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium