- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup Eden Maitake Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienne carrots
- 1 tsp Eden Wakame Flakes
- 1/2 cup organic tofu, cubed
- 1/2 cup Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup bok choy or baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp Eden Hacho Miso, puréed with 2 Tbsp water
or any Eden Miso
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
Place water, maitake and shiitake in a medium saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and add the carrots and wakame flakes. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tofu Chinese cabbage, bok choy and puréed miso. Simmer without boiling for 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with scallions.
Any Eden can be substituted for Hacho Miso for variation of taste and color.
Per serving - 73 calories, 2 g fat (22% calories from fat), 11 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium