Serves: 10 | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 12 ounces Eden Kamut Elbows, 1 pkg.
- 45 ounces Eden Black Eyed Peas, (3 cans) rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 cups fresh organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup organic sweet corn, fresh or frozen, blanched 2 minutes
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 3/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, score skin with a fork, quartered, sliced
- 1/3 cup Eden Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Eden Barley Malt Syrup
- 2 1/2 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Eden Dried Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Eden Dried Basil
- 1/4 cup Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp Eden Cayenne Pepper, optional, see Note
Cook pasta per package directions, rinse and drain. Place the pasta, tomatoes, corn, green and red peppers, green onion, red onion and cucumber in a medium-mixing bowl. To prepare the dressing, place all ingredients in a blender and pulse several seconds, or place in a sealed glass jar and shake vigorously to mix. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to mix. For the best flavor, chill 1 hour before serving or it can be serve at room temperature.
Note: For a spicy flavor, add a very small pinch of cayenne pepper to each individual serving and toss to mix.
Per serving - 352 calories, 10 g fat (24% calories from fat), 14 g protein, 56 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium