- 12 ounces Eden Kamut Elbows, 1 pkg.
- 45 ounces Eden Black Eyed Peas, (3 cans) rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 cups fresh organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup organic sweet corn, fresh or frozen, blanched 2 minutes
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 3/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, score skin with a fork, quartered, sliced
Cook pasta per package directions, rinse and drain. Place the pasta, tomatoes, corn, green and red peppers, green onion, red onion and cucumber in a medium-mixing bowl. To prepare the dressing, place all ingredients in a blender and pulse several seconds, or place in a sealed glass jar and shake vigorously to mix. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to mix. For the best flavor, chill 1 hour before serving or it can be serve at room temperature.
Note: For a spicy flavor, add a very small pinch of cayenne pepper to each individual serving and toss to mix.
Per serving - 352 calories, 10 g fat (24% calories from fat), 14 g protein, 56 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium