- 2 cups organic whole wheat couscous
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Eden Garbanzo Beans, drained
or cooked Eden Dry Garbanzo Beans
- 1/2 cup green peas, fresh or frozen, cooked
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup carrots, quartered, sliced thin, blanched 2 minutes
- 1/4 cup celery, small diced
Bring 2 cups water to a boil, add the couscous and stir. Cover and turn the flame off. Allow the to couscous to steam for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and fluff with a fork to cool. Add the vegetables and garbanzo beans. Mix thoroughly.
To prepare the dressing, place all ingredients in a blender and puree until creamy. Serve over the salad or mix in.
Per serving - 455 calories, 8 g fat (17% calories from fat), 16 g protein, 78 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium