- 1 cup organic couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Eden Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 1/2 cup green peas, fresh or frozen, blanched 2 minutes
- 1 small fresh organic tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red radishes, slliced thin
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup Eden Dry Roasted Pistachios, coarsely ground
Bring water to a boil, add the couscous and stir. Cover and turn the flame off. Allow to couscous to steam for 5 minutes. Remove and fluff with a fork to cool. Add the vegetables, garbanzo beans and pistachios. Mix thoroughly.
To prepare the dressing, place umeboshi paste, tahini, scallions, parsley and water in a blender. Puree until creamy. Serve over the salad.
Per serving - 455 calories, 8 g fat (17% calories from fat), 16 g protein, 78 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium