- 15 ounces Eden Chili Beans (seasoned dark red kidney), drained, reserve liquid
- 1 cup any Eden Quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups water, including drained bean liquid
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
Drain the beans and reserve the liquid in a measuring cup. Add enough cold water to equal 1 1/2 cups of liquid. Place the liquid in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender and fluffy.
While the quinoa is cooking, blend the oil, lime juice and shoyu soy sauce in a bowl. Toss in the beans and set aside. When the quinoa is done, toss in with the beans. Add onions, roasted red pepper and parsley. Mix well and serve warm or room temperature.
Per serving - 340 calories, 7 g fat (20% calories from fat), 15 g protein, 50 g carbohydrate, 18 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium