- .88 ounces Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms, 1 package, soaked 10 minutes in 2 c. warm water
- 1/2 cup Eden Maitake Mushrooms, soaked 10 minutes in 1 cup warm water
- 5 cups kombu dashi (soup stock), see Eden's recipe
or vegetable stock, or water
- 3 Tbsp Eden Bonito Flakes, crumbled, optional
- 3 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Eden Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Eden Kamut & Quinoa Twisted Pair® Gemelli, or Kamut Ditalini
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely minced
- 2 cups Eden Sauerkraut, do not drain
Remove the shiitake and maitake from the soaking water, and finely chop. Reserve the soaking water.
Heat the oil in a medium soup pot and sauté the onions and mushrooms for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the sauerkraut and sauerkraut juice, kombu dashi, crumbled bonito flakes, sea salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Add the pasta and cook until tender, about 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley and serve.
Per serving - 64 calories, 4 g fat (54% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium