- 50 ounces Eden Spaghetti Sauce, 2 jars
- 1/4 cup Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced thin
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Eden Maitake Mushrooms, soaked 20 minutes in warm water to cover, chopped
- 14 ounces any Eden Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 pounds organic extra firm tofu, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Eden Ume Plum Vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds lasagna noodles
Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté the garlic and onions for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients for the sauce, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame and simmer for 20 minutes.
While the sauce is cooking, cook the lasagna until half done, about 7 minutes, rinse and drain.
To prepare the tofu ricotta, blend all ingredients in a blender until creamy.
Preheat the oven to 400°. To assemble the lasagna, place a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a large, deep baking dish (13 x 9 x 2 1/2 inches deep). Place a layer of lasagna on top. Place a layer of tofu ricotta, sauce, and another layer of lasagna. Continue layering until all ingredients are used. The bottom and top layer should always be sauce. Cover the baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the lasagna is tender. Remove cover and bake another 10 minutes to brown, if desired. Remove, allow to cool slightly and slice.
Per serving - 360 calories, 10 g fat (24% calories from fat), 19 g protein, 52 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium