- 2 cups Eden Oat Flakes, or organic old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Eden Soft White Pastry Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 3 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Eden Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup Eden Safflower Oil, or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Eden Apple Juice
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 cup Eden Dried Montmorency Cherries, chopped
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Eden Barley Malt Syrup
Preheat oven to 400°. Oil two large baking sheets. In a large bowl, mix together the first seven ingredients and the dried cherries. In another bowl combine the safflower oil, apple juice, maple syrup, vanilla and barley malt. Mix together with the dry ingredients.
Drop batter by heaping tablespoons, about two inches apart, on the baking sheets. Press each cookie with moistened fingers or a spoon to flatten. Bake 17 to 20 minutes until the cookies are golden brown on the bottom. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool. Delicious with a cool glass of Edensoy.
Per serving - 210 calories, 10 g fat (43% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium