- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin rings
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 2 Tbsp any Eden Mustard
- 1 pound organic seitan (wheat meat), sliced; see Eden's recipe, or store bought
- 1/3 cup Eden Sauerkraut, drained
- 1 medium organic tomato, sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
or several whole lettuce leaves
Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the onions for 5 to 7 minutes until browned and translucent. Remove and set aside.
Prepare the sandwiches by spreading an equal amount of mustard on 4 slices of bread. Then arrange equal amounts of sliced seitan, sauerkraut, onions, tomato and lettuce on the slices. Place the top slices of bread on the sandwiches. Slice in half and serve.
The slices of seitan can be pan fried in Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Safflower, Toasted Sesame, Organic Sesame Oil for a richer flavor.
Per serving - 397 calories, 9 g fat (19% calories from fat), 15 g protein, 67 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 504 mg sodium